Who am I?

Who am I?
A runner....or Herky the Hawk?

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Why I run

In no particular order...

1.) Stress relief: It gives me a chance to have a mental conversation with myself without interruption. And I feel as though I am sweating the stress out of my body.

2.) Music: I love music. L-O-V-E. My body responds to it as it provokes specific emotions. Depending on how I feel, I choose a genre and ride the wave of emotions, be it happy or frustrated, which takes the focus away from my aching legs or lungs.

3.) Cardiovascular Health: Who wants to be the gal that gets winded playing with her kids? Not this girl.

4.) Speed: Because you never know when you'll need it...but at some point, you will.

5.) A Toned Body: Well, that's the goal anyways :)

6.) The Feeling Afterwards: It's a feeling of accomplishment that you can't ignore.

So tell me, why do you run?

1 comment:

  1. I run because I don't want to be the fat kid, that and I enjoy the peacefulness of an early morning run when no one else is up and the only thing you can hear is your feet hitting the pavement. Plus I always need t-shirts and entering races is a great way to add to that.

    ReplyDelete