Who am I?

Who am I?
A runner....or Herky the Hawk?

Friday, April 8, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

[Crickets]

A couple months ago, my co-worker, we'll call him "Al", and I were talking about running because we noticed each other on the treadmills over our lunch break. We established that he runs a lot faster and farther than me, and he challenged me to sign up for a half marathon. Because I have a really hard time turning down a challenge, and have "running a marathon" on my bucket list, I decided to accept his challenge. For those of you who don't know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles. I can currently run 3 miles...and yes, I'm at my peak.  I have decided on the Des Moines Half Marathon, which is on October 16th, 2011, so that gives me a little over 6 months to train. I'll be honest,, I'm not quite ready to commit to the race, so I have yet to sign up. Being at 3 miles right now, 10 more miles seems.....brutal. And because I first started talking about doing this a couple months ago, and my mileage hasn't picked up, I decided to start this blog to help hold myself accountable...because who wants to disappoint their mom or anyone else who will actually take the time to follow this? Not me.

So....here I go. I'm turning 30 on April 30th, and I have 6 months to train for a half marathon. But I can't run today, or tomorrow.....yeah....motivation is definitely needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment